Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Apologies

I apologize for my extended, two-week absence. If you feel that an explanation is in order, here it is:

When I awoke on Saturday, July 7th, my mother explained to me that my computer was inexplicably* ill. As I had to be at work that day, I couldn't spend time trying to diagnose the problem. When I finally got time to examine my computer on Sunday, I could not, for the life of me, figure out what was wrong with it. Windows XP was just going crazy-go-nuts, and nothing was working properly.

Then last week was the final week of rehearsals before the opening night of the show I'm in, See How They Run. (More about that later.) So, the entire week, I was either at play rehearsal, at work, or sleeping. I didn't have time to look at my poor little computer. But after the show last Sunday, I knew that I would never have another opportunity to fix it until next week, as the show is running this weekend as well.

So, I sat down and fiddled with it, but ulitimately I decided that the cure for my sick little Sony was a system recovery. I did my best to back up my important files (scripts, stories, poetry, bank book, favorite illegally downloaded songs) and started from scratch.

So, today when I didn't have to work or go to rehearsal, I thought about my blog and remembered how I've neglected it over the past two weeks. I hope my lack of posts hasn't turned away any readers, (Ha ha, McBastard, funny joke! You know you don't have any readers.) so I just thought I'd write a little something to let all of you know that I'm not dead, and to apologize in advance that I will not be able to post again until next week after the play is done.

Until then, I'll be missing you.



*I actually do have an explanation for this occurance, but unfortunately no hard evidence. You see, my mother had been using my computer for the past week because hers had "inexplicably" crapped out. So, when mine did the same, I became a little suspicious of her. I mean, only so many computers can die at your hands before people catch on to you. I don't know what she did or how she did it, but I'll always be a little wary of my mother when she's around my computer from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now