Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Google Desktop Search

google desktop

I love Google Desktop Search, especially the Quick Search Box feature. I've had it on my PC for quite some time now, but I haven't utilized it much until recently. I highly recommend it to everyone.

I never go digging through my elaborately designed maze of directories anymore. I just tap Ctrl twice, QSB pops up, I type the name of the file I'm looking for (or something remotely similar), and it pops up with likely matches. It has dynamically updated search results, meaning that for every letter you type or erase in the search box, it alters the search results -- like the iTunes search function.

The only gripe I have, and it's a small one, is that you can't choose which type of file you're looking for. I would suggest a drop-down menu that lists common file types (.txt, .jpg, .mp3, .doc, .html, etc) to help narrow down results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now