Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Anarchy, Utopia, or Both?

I'm still trying to wrap my mind aroundan essay called Society without a State by Murray N. Rothbard. At times I found his assertions somewhat realistic, but a little too optimistic about humanity for my liking. When I tried to follow his lines of reasoning, though, far beyond his examples, I began to think: "Why not? Why couldn't this work?"

The only valid worry I had pertained to monopolies. If a monopoly were to become powerful enough, it could potentially take over an anarchist society and put itself in the place of a government. In fact, this is probably how centralized government happened in the first place.

This article has piqued my interest. And I would very much like to see others' reactions to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now