Thursday, February 14, 2008

They Are This Guy

This article is pretty much exactly what I was talking about with this post. Some of the comments are pretty good, too. This is an exerpt from my favorite:

I cannot count the number of firm partners who say "we don't have anyone behind us to really lead the firm in the next generation" and it doesn't mean there aren't good people, but it does indicate the most courageous (least complacent) and innovative have left. They are this guy.

Or, even if he stays in the firm, somewhere around the 6th, 7th or 8th year, if he decides to take the "partner path" he may likely subconsciously pack his "change" and "better way" mentality or at least his "speaking up about it" mentality into a box and put it aside...in order succumb and adapt to the "accepted" partner behavior, emulating existing management traits so he more closely resembles the management team he'll strive to become part of. I see this every day.

I'm glad to know that it's not just me that all-too-quickly became disenfranchised with the great inadequacies and inefficiencies of corporate America. Unfortunately, the only solution I can see is either a major shift in corporate management thinking (not likely, since this would imply that management does think) or a mass extinction (I can only hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now