Sunday, February 02, 2003

Sober Driver

I was Delta Chi Sober Driver last night from 11:00pm to 2:00am. It wouldn't have been a bad thing had the Delta Chi party actually been . . . a party. Almost no one was there, so I sat around for about two and a half hours doing nothing (read: sulking). All my other friends were at the AG Rho party having fun and I felt sorry for myself because they were off having fun without me. (I have this fear that I'm going to be left out of my friends' fun, so when it actually happens I get really sad.) So, I guess that's what started to make Saturday night a "bad night."

One-thirty rolls around and my friends come busting the Delta Chi doors down and I'm cheered up for a bit until they all get on my case for not having any fun. It's a lot easier to have fun when your not a sober driver. My friends started to get bored and I drove most of them home (other's just kind of wandered off), and by the time I dropped the last of them off, it was 2:00am. I didn't want to stick around D'Chi to see if it would "pick up."

When I got back up to my room, I found one of my friends from down the hall, Ra--, and a friend of one of my roommates, Ju--, who had come up to visit, both making out on my couch. Pissed. Ra-- has her own fucking room not ten feet from my room; why she couldn't have been making out (I use the term making out quite liberally here, as her shirt was almost off when I walked in.) in her room, I don't know. So I go to my friend's room, grab her room key, and go to a mutual friend, Je--, telling her to get Ra-- out of my room. While Je-- is doing this I try to get my other roommate, who is drunk, to quit bothering some ladies down the hall and go to bed. It proves harder than expected and I eventually give up. Then I try to console another drunk friend that thinks he is in love with some stupid, vapid, and only slightly attractive chick. This also proves difficult, so I just leave him alone. He'll forget all about it in the morning, anyway I think. I go back to my room to see if people are still making out, and before I get there Je-- assures me that they will leave in two minutes.

Well, I'm all riled up from the excitement, and not ready to go to bed now, so I go outside into the freezing cold for a late-night run. I must have run two or three miles. When I get back, Je-- is passed out so I can't ask her if Ra-- and Ju--'s visiting friend are out of the room. I flip on the lights, see what I think are Ju--'s boots by his bed, flip the lights back off, go into the bathroom, and proceed to take a twenty minute shower. When I get out, I hear kissing and moaning. Then I hear Ra--'s voice. PISSED. I am not going to listen to that all fucking night. I put on underwear and pants and go to Je--'s room. Her roommate is kind enough to let me in and let me sleep on their couch.

All in all, a very agravating night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now