Thursday, February 27, 2003

Mike Seaver

I'm wearing my Mike Seaver shirt today. It's a tee-shirt with a picture of Kirk Cameron on it with a sparkly background. It has a pink collar and pink rings around the sleeves.

Yes, I realize there is a picture of an eighties TV hearthrob, and yes, I know there is pink on the shirt. Do you have a problem with it, because I don't.

You wouldn't believe the amount of flak I get for wearing this shirt, and not just from guys; most of it comes girls. Most guys just think it's "funny," "cool," or "awesome." It's the girls from whom I get sideways glares and not-so-subtle chuckles.

I'm not offended that people think what I'm wearing is strange. If I was I wouldn't wear it. I'm just confused as to why women give me so much guff over it.

Personally, I think they're offended that a guy is wearing something that is obviously meant to be worn by a girl. It's like I'm invading their territory.

For too long women have been androgenizing men's clothing. They've taking to wearing pants, tee-shirts, baseball caps, etc. I guess they never thought that a guy could or would want to start wearing "feminine" colors or clothes.

Well, I'm taking back all the ground that guys have lost in the battle of appropriate clothing. Break out your skirts and blouses, men, we're going in! We're going to fight, and we're not going to stop until we can wear high heals and hot pink if we want to. You had better be prepared, women, because here we come!

Well, maybe not. But, bitches, step off me when I'm wearing my Mike Seaver shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now