Thursday, April 03, 2003

Last Summer's Poetry

While perusing my library of personal poetry, I came across this shoddily written, untitled poem that I wrote over the summer. Despite how badly it was composed, I really like it. I'm not sure what I was feeling at the time I wrote it, but it captures what I've been feeling for the past week.
Saturday, July 6, 2002

Every day that I wake up without someone next to me
I wish that I could fall back into sleep
Because I'm only a man in this boy's dreams

Every waking moment, surrounded but alone
I rarely believe I'm good enough for anyone
Eyes slowly drifting until my consciousness is gone

Was she ever here at all?
Or was she only in my dreams?
Ethereal
Intangible or so she seems

I hope to wake up with the thought of her in my mind
The thought of her in my arms makes me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now