Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Four Reasons Not To Fall in Love

I met someone. She's pretty, funny, cute, insightful, and somehow paradoxically both immature and adult at the same time. I like her, and I believe she likes me. ("Like," whatever the fuck that means.)

The only problem -- and part of the "problem" is that I can't tell if this situation is a problem -- is that she's just sixteen. Four years younger.

Four years is one fifth of my life. I almost feel that there is some imaginary barrier between us. She's still in the "high school" portion of her life, not that her being in high school is bad. But I would feel just as uncomfortable being with someone four years my senior because she would most likely be in the "career" portion of her life while I'm still in the "college" portion of mine.

Am I just making this up?

Probably; I always look for reasons not to fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now