Friday, April 04, 2003

Hello, My Name Is Josh

I am now Josh. My name is not, nor has it ever been, "Josh", but I've decided that it will be much easier if I just start going by it.

During my senior year in high school, my science class was jointly-taught by two teachers (one of whom had known me and my name for four years). The two started calling me "Josh" out of the blue. The one that knew me knew that "Josh" was not my name and corrected herself every time she called me by that name. But she still repeatedly did it.

And around the same time, a lady at work (where I had been working for over a year) started calling me "Josh." She didn't do it often, but she did it more than once. It was really weird.

Where I work now, my superviser called me "Josh" once about a month ago. I probably wouldn't have noticed it had I not been called by that name so many time before.

Today I received a handwritten note from one of my professors addressed to "Josh." I was more than a bit confused until I realized that I was "Josh." I am Josh.

Circa Now