Tuesday, May 29, 2007

All-Inclusive

Several people have asked me how my recent trip to Mexico was. In short, it was great.

I stayed at an all-inclusive beach resort called Melia Cozumel. I was a little wary at first, wondering just how all-inclusive the resort actually was. As it turned out, the only money I ended up spending money on at the hotel (besides tipping the bartenders) was a snorkeling tour and a four-wheel trek through the jungle to see Mayan ruins. Both of these were well worth the money. There were all sorts of interesting fish and coral on the snorkeling tour. And it was cool to drive the four-wheelers through the jungle looking at Mayan caves and ruins. The ocean was beautiful, the weather was great, and the people were friendly. The Magster and I took some good pictures of everything, but again, The Magster has yet to get a Flickr account. So, if you want to see those pictures, you'll just have to bug her yourself.

So, if you're looking to go to a tropical location, Cozumel is definitely my recommendation. And don't be scared of the term "all-inclusive." If you find a resort like Melia, it really is a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now