Monday, May 29, 2006

Caveat Emptor

I went camping and canoeing over this Memorial Day Weekend on the Little Niangua. It was pretty fun; however, if I had to do it over again, I would not rent canoes from Maggard's Canoe.

They tacked on hidden fees and charged us inflated rates not mentioned in their brochure or on their website. By the end of it, we paid nearly double what we had originally calculated.

Besides that, though, they were also rude and inhospitable. I didn't expect them to treat us like we were at a fancy resort in Aspen, but common courtesy would have been nice.

So, if you're ever going canoeing in the Missouri Ozark area, do not rent canoes from Maggard's Canoe. They are a bunch of thieving, angry hillbillies who don't deserve your money.

2 comments:

  1. my cousin told me today that there is actually a way that you can file complaints like this one.I don't know how effective it will be, but i think i'm going to send the info to Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time i go canoeing, i'm going to make my own dug-out

    ReplyDelete

Circa Now