Thursday, March 10, 2005

El Scorcho (Dios Mio, Soy un Dorko)

"How stupid is it? I can't talk about it; I gotta [write a post] about it, and make a record . . . of my heart."

Press pause and say something. Say something. Say anything. Like that fucking John Cusack movie. I really like Grosse Pointe Blank. Minnie Driver kinda sucked, though. But it was cool when he killed a guy with a pen. Then Minnie helped dispose of the body. I want a chick that will help me dispose of a body.

You're almost there. Put your thumb on the pause button and think of something to say. Like... Fuck, this is hard. I don't have anything to say. That test was hard? No, that's stupid. That movie was funny? No, that's lame. I killed a man with a trident? No, that's weird. I liked Brick. I love lamp.

Focus. Hey, I wonder what's in those boxes that girl is carrying.

Focus, dammit! OK, something to say. Hey,... do you... like... stuff...? Good one. So, what's up? Is that all I've got? I can write fucking poetry and stories and essays and speeches, and all I can come up with is 'So, what's up?'

OK, there's approximately three seconds until the point of no return. Do I say something lame? Two seconds. Or do I say nothing at all? One second. Turning head, opening mouth...

Abort! Abort! Fucking abort! Keep walking. Walk faster. Walk into the fucking sunset.

"How stupid is it? Won't you gimme a minute. Just come up to me and say hello . . . to my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Circa Now